What is a Search Name?
Search Name is a service that allows you to generate a report that can contain up to 20 names of a property holder in the Province of Ontario.
It will provide you with the following information for each selected name:
· PIN (Property Identification Number) or PINs for properties
· Address (if any) of the PIN(s)
· Status of the PIN(s)
· Registration Type of the PIN(s)
· Legal Description of the PIN(s).
What are the hours of service?
· Monday – Thursday 4:00 a.m. - Midnight
· Friday 4:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
· Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
· Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Why is Search Name a report?
Search Name was created as a report to allow people who do not necessarily require a Parcel Register to access information. It was also designed in such a way that allows you to make multiple picks (up to 20 names) in the situation where you are uncertain about the person’s full name or if there are similar names.
If you require more than 20 names, you will have to generate multiple Search Name Reports to include all unique names.
How to use Search Name?
· Select the LRO where the property resides (mandatory)
· Enter the GIVEN NAME (optional)
· Enter all or part of the SURNAME or COMPANY NAME (minimum of 2 characters) (mandatory)
· Enter a date range to limit the search results to a specific time period (optional)
o By selecting a date range, you will be limiting the search to instruments (i.e. active transfer and documents) that were registered on the name provided within that time frame.
· Complete the REQUESTED BY field .(mandatory)
Search Name Tips
· Search Name is not a search by property owner, as the name you searched may only have an interest in the property found
o You can use the name of the transferee (person to whom the property is transferred i.e. the buyer) on an active transfer (legal document to transfer a property to another person), or
o A “Party To” on any document type that can be used to transfer ownership on a property.
· If multiple matches are found for the search criteria you entered, a window displays with the matching records. Select the desired matches (up to a maximum of 20) and click SUBMIT.
· If you need information related to more than 20 names, you can either redo the same search to select the other names or refine your search to find specific names
· There is also a Search Name Cheat Sheet available under References to walk your through the process.
How does the Search Name Report (SNR) credit work?
A credit of $10 plus HST will be applied to only the first Parcel Register (related to the Search Name report) that you buy after you have purchased the Search Name report.
Below are the prerequisites for the credit:
□ You must have purchased a Search Name Report prior to buying a Parcel Register identified as part of that SNR
□ The credit will only be applied to the first Parcel Register that you buy after the purchase of the Search Name Report. The purchase of an identified Parcel Register has to be within 24 hours after buying the Search Name Report
□ The Parcel Register must be for one of the PINs listed on the Search Name Report
□ The PIN on the Parcel Register must be active
□ The Parcel Register is acquired using either Search by PIN or Search by Address options in Teranet eXpress®.
No credit will be applied if:
□ The Parcel Register is not one of the PINs listed on the Search Name Report, or
□ It is not the first purchased Parcel Register that is related to the Search Name Report.
Search Name Report Refund Conditions:
Before submitting any request, you retain the obligation to verify that you have entered the information in the request correctly. We cannot refund the cost of any service if you have inputted the request incorrectly. Once a submission or order is submitted, there are no refunds, exchanges or cancellations.